I love the brisk air, wearing cozy clothes, and drinking warm beverages, however Winter can have its downsides. I have combination skin, so I typically struggle with dry skin, especially in the Winter. Here are the main products that keep my skin nice and hydrated, but also really helped my skin look clearer!
- I usually start by wiping off my makeup with a makeup wipe, then use the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. I got the sample size of this because I wasn’t sure if I would like it since I have combination, sensitive skin, but I’ll probably have to buy a new one! It’s really calming for any skin type and fragrance free which I’m a fan of.
- After I wash in the morning I use the Breath of Fresh Air toner from Lush Cosmetics. This has helped my skin SO MUCH. Toner typically balances the pH levels in your skin, plus it’s super refreshing. I usually use about two squirts, but don’t forget to close your eyes!
- I wait a bit to let the toner dry, then I use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (at night I typically use coconut oil instead of this cream). With using this in the morning and coconut oil at night, I have not had a problem at all with dryness on my face. I have heard so many people rave about First Aid Beauty products, and let me tell you they do not disappoint.
- The Mask of Magnaminty face mask from Lush Cosmetics is something I try to use about twice a week at night. The minty smell and feeling on the skin feels great, hydrates, and exfoliates with tiny pieces of aduki beans. I moisturize after and my skin feels so soft.
- TAKE A BREAK FROM MAKEUP: One thing I’ve been doing a lot is not wearing makeup as frequently. It’s really nice to let my skin breath and detox after wearing makeup consistently.
- TRY NOT TO SKIP A WASH: I know we all have that one night where we come home late and are too lazy to wash our face, I’ve done it. However, what gets me out of bed to wash my face is preventing any future breakouts. Think about it, all of your makeup, sweat, and possibly what you’ve eaten is going to sit on your face for the next 6-8 hours. There you go.
- DRINK WATER: Something I’m horrible at! I’ve been working on it, but drinking water is the ULTIMATE way to stay hydrated. Personally when I’m consistent at drinking water, I feel refreshed and my skin feels radiant and fresh.
- DON’T FORGET THE HANDS: In the winter, my hands get so dry. Recently, the Eucerin Advanced Repair hand lotion has been really helpful. It’s not an oily lotion, but stays in and locks the moisture in.
All items linked here: